Piper-Heidsieck Vintage Brut
Piper-Heidsieck Vintage 2014 is an elegant, radiant and intense vintage. Its nose delivers notes of orange blossom, apricot, brioche and toasted almond. The palate unveils flavours of tangerine, lime zest and liquorice.
Enjoy with canapés, crab, shellfish, crayfish, creamed celery, slivers of fresh melon, brunoise of coppa.
Following clement weather in early 2014, an early spring flaunted gorgeous flowering. After particularly cool and humid weather at the beginning of summer, the sun reappeared in mid-August for an Indian summer that lasted until September. The 2014 vintage boasts Chardonnays with sensational crispness and fruity, sophisticated Pinots Noirs.
- Pressing: Slow and qualitative close to the vineyards, separation of juices
- Settling: Static clarification of juices
- Alcoholic fermentation: 100% thermo-regulated stainless steel vats, use of selected yeasts
- Malolactic fermentation: 100% realised
- Sustainable oenology: Limited use of œnological treatments (including sulfites)
- 55% Pinot Noir
- 45% Chardonnay
- Dosage: 7 g/l
- ALC: 12%
- Certifications: Sustainable Viticulture in Champagne and High Environmental Value level 3
- Soil maintenance: Mechanically weeded under rows with natural grass between vineyard rows Zero herbicide
- Biodiversity: Hedges of native species, beehives close to the vineyards, flowered fallow fields
Golden in color, with crystalline bubbles. On the nose, fresh citrus notes of lime or tangerine leaves, with warm, smoked notes. A touch of almond then offers a voluptuous, vivid vibrancy. On the palate, notes of pomegranate and almond open with the expression of a plush texture of smoked tea or freshly harvested honey, and the juice of ripe black cherry and blueberries. The long, silky finish is perfect both as a prelude or the accompaniment to a gourmet meal.
- 48% Chardonnay
- 52% Pinot Noir
- Dosage: 10 g/l
Elegant, light and velvety soft. Notes of succulent peach and greengage, entwined with floral notes of cherry and hawthorn blossom, and a saltiness accentuated by notes of peppery spices and plums.
- 48% Pinot Noir
- 52% Chardonnay
- Dosage: 9.5 g/l