Quinta do Crasto Colheita Port
Quinta do Crasto Colheita is an old Tawny produced from a single year with grapes coming exclusively from the oldest vineyards of Quinta do Crasto. It ages in oak casks from the harvest year until it is bottled. This wine is a tribute from the 4th generation of the family to Fernando Moreira d’Almeida, son of the famous Port producer Constantino de Almeida, reflecting his wisdom in the elaboration of Port wines of excellence.
- Colour: Bright tawny colour.
- Nose: Very complex on the nose, with elegant notes of nuts and honey, and fresh spice and orange peel aromas.
- Palate: Elegant beginning that leads way to a full-bodied palate, with a complex texture of fine tannins in perfect harmony with a vibrant aromatic profile. An engaging wine, with an elegant, long lingering finish.
- WINEMAKING The grapes from old vines were taken to the winery in plastic boxes. On arrival in the winery they were rigorously inspected on a sorting table. The grapes with their stems were then slightly crushed and transferred to a traditional stone tank (´lagar´) where they were foot trodden. After this, the grape spirit was added to stop the fermentation and fortify the wine.
- AGEING In Portuguese oak barrels of 550 litres for about 18 years. Bottled without fining or filtration; a light sediment may form in the bottle over time.