Donnafugata Floramundi Cerasuolo di Vittoria DOCG
Brilliant cerasa (cherry in Sicilian), it offers an ample and fragrant bouquet with intense notes of red fruit (raspberries, strawberries and redcurrants) and pink flowers, combined with evident spicy scents of black pepper. The palate is fresh, fleshy and round, thanks to the soft tannins and pleasant persistence. A refined red with intriguing aromatic depth.
Perfect to sip by the glass, it pairs with tasty first courses and grilled meat. It is also perfect with red tuna steak, roasted amberjack or other fish baked in the oven. Try with gourmet pizzas.
- GRAPES: Nero d’Avola and Frappato
- PRODUCTION ZONE: south-east Sicily, in the territory of Acate.
- TERRITORIES: altitude 120-150 meters a.s.l.; gently sloping terrains; soils tending towards sandy interspersed with a substratum of calcareous tuff and medium-textured soils, tending towards clayey; pH 7.7, total limestone 21%.
- VINEYARD: VSP (Vertival Shoot Positioning) training with spurred cordon pruning, leaving 6 to 10 buds per plant. Planting density 4,000-4,500 plants per hectare; yields of 70-80 quintals/hectare.
- VINTAGE 2016: 2016 was a vintage with less rainfall (200 mm) than average, but characterized by a normal climatic trend. Temperatures were normal, without excessive peaks, with a wide variation between day and night temperatures thanks to the “thermal breezes”. The low rainfall and drier climate affected yields that were slightly lower than average. A sunny harvest, allowing for the production of very healthy grapes, perfectly ripe from an aromatic and phenolic point of view.
- HARVESTING: the Frappato and Nero d’Avola were harvested during the second ten days of September.
- VINIFICATION: fermentation in stainless steel with maceration on the skins for about 10 days at a temperature of 25°- 28° C (77- 82°F). After malolactic fermentation, aging in tank for 9 months and then in bottle for at least 3 months.
- ANALYTICAL DATA: alcohol 13.30 % vol., total acidity: 5.2 g/l., pH: 3.41.