Bruno Giacosa Barolo Falletto
Barolo DOCG, Piemonte
Red garnet in color. Intense, elegant and complex nose with red fruit, floral and spice notes. The palate presents good freshness, excellent structure and fine, velvety tannins.
Bruno Giacosa’s winemaking philosophy combines a respect for tradition and conservative winemaking with the selected use of modern technology to obtain the best expression of each vineyard’s terroir. He is convinced that great wines begin in the vineyard with the production of grapes cultivated by experienced growers. This belief pushes him to improve quality with every harvest. In the cellar, the goal is to produce a wine that maintains its identity from vine to bottle, so winemaking methods are traditional and in full respect of the grape’s typical characteristics.
Intense, elegant and complex nose with red fruit, floral and spice notes. The palate presents good freshness, excellent structure and fine, velvety tannins.
- Grape variety: Nebbiolo
- Subarea: Falletto (village of Serralunga d’Alba)
- Exposure: Southwest
- Age of vines: 18-21 years old
- Harvest date: 28-29 September 2012
- Fermentation and maceration: 18 days in stainless steel vats
- Malolactic fermentation: completely developed
- Refinement: 30 months in French oak + 8 months in bottle
- Bottling: March 2016
- Alcohol: 14.45% vol.
- Total acidity: 5.75 g/L
- pH: 3.59
- Total extract: 30.6 g/L