Bruno Giacosa Nebbiolo d'Alba
Nebbiolo d’Alba DOC, Piemonte
The nose presents aromas of red fruit, orange peel and spices. The wine is well-balanced with good structure and lively acidity on the palate.
- Grape variety: Nebbiolo
- Vineyards: Various in the villages of Monteu Roero, Santo Stefano Roero and Vezza d’Alba
- Exposure: Southwest and west
- Age of vines: 18-25 years
- Harvest date: 30 September – 1 October 2015
- Fermentation and maceration: 14 days in stainless steel vats
- Malolactic fermentation: completely developed
- Refinement: 14 months in French oak
- Bottling: March 2017
- Alcohol: 13.9% vol.
- Total acidity: 5.60 g/L
- pH: 3.55
- Total extract: 28.5 g/L
Bruno Giacosa’s winemaking philosophy combines a respect for tradition and conservative winemaking with the selected use of modern technology to obtain the best expression of each vineyard’s terroir. He is convinced that great wines begin in the vineyard with the production of grapes cultivated by experienced growers. This belief pushes him to improve quality with every harvest. In the cellar, the goal is to produce a wine that maintains its identity from vine to bottle, so winemaking methods are traditional and in full respect of the grape’s typical characteristics.
The nose presents aromas of red fruit, orange peel and spices. The wine is well-balanced with good structure on the palate.
- Grape variety:Nebbiolo
- Alcohol: 13.7% vol.
- Total acidity: 5.85 g/L
- pH: 3.55