Borgo Conventi Pinot Grigio
Collio DOC, Friuli Venezia Giulia
Straw yellow in color, with coppery highlights. On the nose it is fragrant, layered and concentrated with notes of ripe pear and spring flowers that unfold to reveal a subtle end note of bread crust. In the mouth it is elegant and supple with savory characteristics. It is well balanced and uncompromising with a fairly long aromatic finish.
Goes well with fish-based starters, crustaceans and mollusks, fresh egg pastas, white-meat dishes and fried fish.
- Fermentation: The grapes are directly pressed without any maceration on the skins. Temperature-controlled fermentation, activated by selected yeasts, takes place in stainless steel tanks for about ten days.
- Aging: Once fermentation is completed the wine remains on the fine lees until spring, when it is bottled.
- Aging Potential: A couple of years in the bottle.
- Orientation: south, south-east, east, west.
- Soil: The soil of the Collio DOC is a mixture of marls and sandstone from the underlying stratified layers, and usually it is clayey in the higher grounds and fine grained at the foot of the hill slopes.
- Microclimate: Mild rainy springs and hot dry summers.
- Vine Training System: Guyot and Sylvoz
- Vine Density: 4000-7000 vines/ha
- Age of Vines: 10-45 years