Borgo Conventi Friulano
Collio DOC, Friuli Venezia Giulia
Straw yellow in color with slight golden highlights. On the nose it has great intensity and complexity. It is invitingly fragrant and fruit-driven with notes of alpine flowers and a pleasant hint of almond. In the mouth it is fresh and well balanced with a nice backbone and a long aromatic finish.
Perfect as an aperitif. It complements hard cheeses, San Daniele Prosciutto, scampi, shrimp and raw fish dishes, first course pastas and risottos with vegetables, and chicken-based dishes.
- Fermentation: Light crushing followed by temperature-controlled fermentation in stainless steel tanks for ten days. A variably small percentage of selected grapes undergoes cold maceration before light crushing.
- Aging: Once fermentation is completed the wine remains on the fine lees until spring, when it is bottled.
- Aging Potential: A couple of years in the bottle.
- Orientation: south, east and west
- Soil: The soil of the Collio DOC is a mixture of marls and sandstone from the underlying stratified layers, and usually it is clayey in the higher grounds and fine grained at the foot of the hill slopes.
- Microclimate: Mild rainy springs and hot dry summers.
- Vine Training System: Guyot and Sylvoz
- Vine Density: 4000-7000 vines/ha
- Age of Vines: 15-35 years