DO Rías Baixas
- COLOR: Clean and bright straw-yellow.
- NOSE: High intensity of ripe fruits, pineapple, apple, mango and citrus fruits. Very straightforward and aromatic with pleasant fermentation notes.
- PALATE: The palate is smooth with an unctuous, structured flavor. Well integrated acidity. This wine is balanced, fresh and persistent.
- Origin: D.O. Rías Baixas
- Type of wine: White wine aged on lees
- Alcohol content: 13%
- Aging potential: 3 years
- COLOR: Straw yellow with green hues, clear and bright.
- AROMA: High-intensity aroma, ripe fruit, pineapple, apple, mango and citrus fruits. Very candid and aromatic.
- PALATE: The attack is smooth and tasty. The mid-palate is long with a great balance between flavors and well-integrated acidity. This wine is fresh and fruity with good structure, very round and offering a long aftertaste. Fillaboa 2018, a fruity and pleasant Albariño wine full of nuances.
Our winemaking method is based on enhancing the Albariño grape’s primary aromas together with the unique qualities of our “terroir”, resulting in harmonious white wines with good structure. Fermentation takes place at low temperatures in stainless steel vats; the wine is then kept on fine lees until bottling. Finally, tartaric stabilization and slight filtering are carried out, offering fresh and expressive wines.
- Variety: 100% Albariño
- Area of Origin: D. O. Rías Baixas
- Quality Group: Estate wine
- Alcohol content: 13% vol
- Aging Potential: 3 years
- Serving Temperature: 8-10º C
- Color: White gold, with light-green hues. Clear and bright.
- Nose: Enticing and pleasantly aromatic, with hints of fresh pineapple, orchard fruit, orange blossom and citrus.
- Palate: Soft upon entry, with well-integrated acidity and good structure, the 2017 Fillaboa Albariño is fresh, fruity and round, making it the perfect accompaniment to seafood, spicy dishes and cream-based sauces.
2017 is characterized as being one of the driest vintages on record with the least amount of rainfall in the past 25 years. Harvest began on the 30th of August, 15 days earlier than normal, and the yield was much lower than in previous vintages. The Albariño clusters we harvested in 2017 were more concentrated and with less acidity, producing wines that are incredibly aromatic, unctuous and with phenomenal structure, making them great for cellaring, as well as excellent food wines.
- Serving temperature: 50-54º F
- Alcohol content: 13%
- pH: 3.49
- Total acidity: 5.6g/l
- Color: Straw-yellow with green hues. Clear and bright.
- Nose: Intense, yet elegant with aromas of pineapple, apple and citrus fruits intertwined with notes of stone fruits and mango.
- Palate: Smooth and full flavor upon entry, the mid-palate is long and well-balanced, with perfectly integrated acidity. A fresh, fruity and round wine, the 2016 Fillaboa has good structure and a persistent finish
This wine is made from grapes grown on the historical Fillaboa estate. The 70 hectare vineyard lies on rolling slopes, adjoining the Tea and Miño rivers in the south, forming a natural border with Portugal. The rich soils and Atlantic climate make Fillaboa a privileged and exceptional place for growing Albariño grapes and award the wines a great personality. 2016 was a unique year in the history of Fillaboa. The spring was rainy and the summer was the hottest and driest in the last 50 years. However, the plants managed to withstand the drought and the late cycle caused by the cold and rainy spring was compensated by the long, warm summer. The grapes reached full maturity and achieved a perfect sanitary state. The harvest began on 14th September.
- 100% Albariño
- 13% Alcohol
Color: Straw-yelow, clear and bright.
Nose: Intense, yet elegant, with notes of green apple, white pear, mango, citrus and pineapple.
Palate: Powerful in organoleptic strength, volume and complexity, this wine is rich in flavor with a balanced acidity. Fresh and fruity from its entrance on the palate through to the finish, this wine will pair well with any kind of Asian food, creamy sauces and fish-based dishes.
This wine will pair well with any kind of Asian food, creamy sauces and fish-based dishes.
The 2015 vintage was marked by rather dry weather, where bud-break occurred significantly earlier in our younger vines. Spring rain was relatively scarce in Galicia, allowing for uniform flowering and producing a balanced quantity of grapes. An arid summer generated grape clusters that had vibrant acidity and high sugar concentration.
Bodegas Fillaboa is centered on preserving the primary aromas of the Albariño grape variety. A naturally thick-skinned grape known for its rich variety of aromas (16 different aromas have been scientifically recognized), alcoholic fermentation takes place at low temperatures in stainless steel vats and the wine is then aged sur lees for a minimum of 6 months. Using only bentonite as a natural clarifying agent and unique in their commitment to a single bottling per vintage for the U.S. market, Fillaboa’s dedication to excellence prevents bottle variation and ensures consistent quality from vintage to vintage.
Varietal: 100% Albariño Alcohol 12%
This wine is crafted from 100% estate-grown Albariño that is cultivated on our historic property located only 150 feet from the Portuguese border and 22 miles from the Atlantic Ocean. A famously windy and rainy part of Spain, we train our vines in the traditional en parra or pergola trellising system, to reach a height of 6-7 feet, thereby decreasing botrytis and increasing wind flow in our vineyards. Our granite-rich soil and the cool influence of the nearby Atlantic Ocean make the Fillaboa estate a privileged place for vine-growing.
Sight: Straw yellow, clean and bright
Nose: Intense and elegant at the same time. This wine shows typical aromas of our estate such as, pineapple, stone and citrus fruits and hints of apple and mango.
Palate: The attack is smooth, with a vibrant acidity which perfectly reflects the wines personality. This is a fruity, fresh and very zesty albariño wine with a personality of its own.
Without a doubt, this year more than ever, wines from the Rias Baixas area will have a significant Atlantic influence. The oceanic climate invaded the Galician coasts and rivers with great force, reaching even the most sheltered areas of the Miño riverbank, situated at 50 kilometers inland, making a clear mark on the personality of Fillaboa’s wines. This rare occurrence makes Fillaboa 2014 a must for wine collectors and tasters alike; bringing together rarely seen features; the mark of the sea being the most evident.
The wine-making method is based on promoting the primary aromas of the Albariño grape together with the characteristics offered by Fillaboa’s terroir. Alcoholic fermentation took place in stainless steel tanks, strictly controlling temperature. The wine was cold stabilized before bottling.
100% Albariño Alcohol 12%
This wine is crafted with fruit from the Fillaboa estate, which boasts 70 hectares of vineyards lying on rolling slopes and bordering in the south with the Tea and Miño rivers, a natural frontier with Portugal.