- Jo Cooke from Wine Spectator included Villa Sandi in his top-scoring sparkling wines from Italy. 85 pts "VILLA SANDI Extra Dry Prosecco di Valdobbiadene NV...Offers freshly sliced apple and pear on the nose and palate. Clean and frothy, with a slightly sweet aftertaste." (February 5, 2009)
- Below is a link to an article, Italian Makers of Prosecco Seek Recognition by Amy Cortese, from the Sunday, December 28, 2008, edition of the New York Times on the Prosecco consortium’s efforts to create a Prosecco production zone tied exclusively to Northern Italy. Giancarlo Moretti-Polegato is quoted in the article.
- Villa Sandi is highlighted in a Wine Enthusiast article that points to Prosecco as more popular than ever and at a crossroads for quality. The article has a beautiful bottle shot of Il Fresco to start the article and it includes pictures and quotes from Giancarlo Moretti Polegato. Also in this issue is an ad featuring Villa Sandi. (August 2008)
- Philadelphia Magazine’s online version The Daily Examiner has chosen Villa Sandi’s DOC Prosecco Valdobbiadene
as the “Taste Daily: What to Drink This Weekend.” The review from writer Marnie Old was as follows: "represents a terrific value. As crisp and refreshing as biting into a green apple, this low-alcohol bubbly is a great choice for afternoon picnics." (July 25, 2008)
- Ladies’ Home Journal online has included Villa Sandi Prosecco DOC Valdobbiadene Extra Dry in their Summer Wine Guide. It is listed among several other varietals from California, France, South Africa and Australia. The review from writer, Jen Castoro reads, "...notes were lightly fruity but not too strong. If you like your wines on the dry side, or as a complement to tasty dessert you don't want to overwhelm, this is the perfect bottle."
(July 3, 2008)
- Wine & Spirit awards the Prosecco di Valdobbiadene Brut Il Fresco 86 pts with the following review, "Green apple and melon flavors add freshness to this wine, its finish lively and clean." (June 2008)
- Wine Enthusiast awards the Villa Sandi Prosecco Superiore di Cartizze DOC 89 pts and the Prosecco di Valdobbiadene DOC, Extra Dry 87 pts. Below are the reviews:
- Prosecco Superiore di Cartizze, “This elegant sparkler achieves
a nice balance between sweet,
fruit flavors and lively
crispness. Peach, pear, jasmine
and white stone characterize
the nose and make for a very
approachable, friendly wine.”
- Prosecco di Valdobbiadene, Extra Dry, “Here is a textbook Prosecco
with musky- fruity flavors and
undertones of peach pear
jasmine and apricot. It has a
simple, fresh mouthfeel and
piquant crispness on the close.
Pair it with fried shrimp