- The 2007 Attems Sauvignon was recommended in Newsday: "...signals a clean and tangy Italian white." (January 26, 2009)
Link to full article:
- Wine Spectator awards the 2007 Attems Collio Pinot Grigio as a Spectator Selection, Top-Value Italian White, Smart Buy, Savvy Shopper Italian White and 90 pts, the 2007 Attems Collio Sauvignon received 88 pts (August 31, 2008)
- Wine Spectator rates the 2006 Attems Collio Cicinis (91 Pts) --
Very pretty, with ripe apple, piecrust and cream aromas that follow through to a full body, with an apple, double cream and light vanilla aftertaste. Delicious and generous. Sauvignon, Tocai and Pinot Bianco. Drink now. –J.S. (May 15, 2008)
- International Wine Cellar rated the following Attems wines:
- 2006 Pinot Bianco, Collio (88 pts) -- Pale, green-tinged color. Perfumed aromas of citrus skin, white flowers and fresh dill. Moderately intense but nicely ripe flavors of melon, citrus and apple flavor are supported by a mineral underpinning. Lovely, well-made pinot bianco that makes a perfect start to a meal.
- 2006 Pinot Grigio, Collio (89 pts) -- Medium straw-yellow. Aromas of apple, pear, and banana. Fatter on the palate than the previous wines, with a hint of vanilla to go with the apple, banana and pear flavors. Like all these wines, this one is made in a crisp style.
- 2006 Sauvignon Blanc, Collio (89 pts) -- Pale green-tinged straw-yellow. A hint of vanilla along with green fig, lemon drop, melon and cut grass on the nose. The fruit flavors are complicated by a suggestion of custard cream. Finishes moderately long, with a pretty herbal element. This is clearly the best wine in the Attems portfolio at present, but the pinot bianco also looks like a future star. (March 2008)
- The 2005 Cicinis, Collio appellation, scored 91 points in the Wine Spectator Insider with a review stating, "Dark yellow in color, showing very ripe pineapple aromas, with a waxy undertone. Full-bodied, with lots of fruit and a vanilla, wax and honey aftertaste. There’s intense character.
Rich, thick and powerful. Drink now.—J.S." (December 28, 2007)