Piedmont DOC, Piemonte
A delicious 100% Chardonnay grown in marly, chalky soils and barrel fermented for extra creaminess and refinement. Monteriolo is matured in barrel for nine months before it is refined, filtered and bottled. It then is held in bottle for eight months before it is released from the winery.
- COLOR: straw yellow with greenish reflections
- NOSE: wild flowers, mango, citric fruits, the freshness of the sea spray
- TASTE: savory and freshly balanced
Recommended with oysters, quiches, omelets, roasted fowl, goat cheeses, and grilled or baked salmon.
- GRAPE VARIETY: Chardonnay
- PRODUCTION AREA: Canelli, Agliano, Castelnuovo Calcea
- HARVESTING PERIOD: August
- HARVEST: hand selected in the vineyard for the healthiest, ripest grapes hand collected in 40 lb picking baskets
- AGING: 9 months on fine lees in French oak barrels with several batonnages
- ALCOHOL: 12.5%
- TOTAL ACIDITY: 5.80 g/L
- pH: 3.18