Piedmont DOC, Piemonte
Costebianche is the youngest Chardonnay produced by Coppo. Costebianche means "white slopes". The wine owes its name to the color of the soil of the vineyards, which are planted in naturally white soils of clayey-calcareous marl.
- NOSE: floral notes, apple, white peach, and citrus fruits
- TASTE: fresh and round, pleasantly savory
Vegetables in aspic, gazpacho, stuffed zucchini flowers, and sole meunière.
- Grape variety: Chardonnay
- Exposure: south – southeast – southwest
- Soil composition: calcareous clay marl
- Vineyard altitude: 650 ft a.s.l.
- Training system: Guyot
- Vineyard density: 4,000 plants per hectare
- Harvest: selection in vineyards of the healthiest, ripest grapes hand collected in 40 lb picking baskets
- Vinification and fining: after the soft pressing, 20% of the must is fermented and aged on fine lees in french oak barrels of second and third year; partial malolactic fermentation
- Alcohol: 12.12 % vol
- Total acidity: 5.88 g/l
- pH: 3.32