Bruno Giacosa Barbaresco Rabajà
Barbaresco DOCG, Piemonte
Red garnet color with orange highlights. Spice, violets and fresh red fruit aromas lead to a palate that is full bodied, structured and refined. A persistent finish marked by minerality and herbal characteristics.
Spice, violets and fruit aromas of strawberries, plums and orange peel lead to a palate that is full bodied, structured and refined. A persistent finish marked by minerality and herbal characteristics.
- Grape variety: Nebbiolo
- Subarea: Rabajà (village of Barbaresco)
- Vineyard exposure: Southwest
- Age of vines: 18-20 years old
- Soil: Calcareous clay
- Vineyard density: 4,000 vines per hectare
- Yield: 45 hL/ha
- Harvest date: October 14, 2013
- Fermentation and maceration: 22 days in stainless steel vats
- Malolactic fermentation: completely developed
- Refinement: 30 months in large, 110hL Botti cask of French oak, 7 months in bottle
- Bottling: July 2016
- Alcohol: 14.50% vol.
- Total acidity: 5.80 g/L
- pH: 3.49
- Total extract: 28.9 g/L