Bruno Giacosa Barbaresco DOCG
Barbaresco DOCG, Piemonte
Bruno Giacosa’s winemaking philosophy combines a respect for tradition and conservative winemaking with the selected use of modern technology to obtain the best expression of each vineyard’s terroir. He is convinced that great wines begin in the vineyard with the production of grapes cultivated by experienced growers. This belief pushes him to improve quality with every harvest. In the cellar, the goal is to produce a wine that maintains its identity from vine to bottle, so winemaking methods are traditional and in full respect of the grape’s typical characteristics.
Intense, yet fine and elegant, with notes of raspberry and strawberry layered with tobacco and mineral tones. The wine finishes with refined, polished tannins.
- Grape variety: Nebbiolo
- Vineyard exposure: Southwest
- Age of vines: 15 years old
- Soil: Calcareous clay with a good percentage of sand
- Vineyard density: 4,000 vines per hectare
- Yield: 54 hL/ha
- Harvest date: 1-2 October 2014
- Fermentation and maceration: 21 days in stainless steel vats
- Malolactic fermentation: completely developed
- Refinement: 18 months in large, 110 hL Botti cask of French oak, 8 months in bottle
- Bottling: July 2016
- Alcohol: 14.42% vol.
- Total acidity: 5.72 g/L
- pH: 3.56
- Total extract: 28 g/L