Barolo DOCG, Piemonte
Given its long history in the area, the Coppo family is among the very few allowed to produce its Barolo from Cru Nebbiolo vineyards within the appellation but crushed, fermented and aged in Canelli just outside the designated production area.
- NOSE: violet, cherries and licorice aromas
- TASTE: well balanced and elegant
Recommended with roasted beef shank, braised veal, baked lamb with herbs and potatoes.
- GRAPE VARIETY: 100% Nebbiolo
- PRODUCTION AREA: La Morra
- HARVESTING PERIOD: September 2009
- HARVEST: precise selection in vineyards for the healthiest, ripest grapes to be hand collected in 40 lb picking baskets
- AGING: 30 months in large French oak casks and 6 to 12 months in the bottle