Bruno Giacosa Barbera d'Alba, Casa Vinicola Bruno Giacosa
Barbera d’Alba DOC, Piemonte
Bruno Giacosa’s winemaking philosophy combines a respect for tradition and conservative winemaking with the selected use of modern technology to obtain the best expression of each vineyard’s terroir. He is convinced that great wines begin in the vineyard with the production of grapes cultivated by experienced growers. This belief pushes him to improve quality with every harvest. In the cellar, the goal is to produce a wine that maintains its identity from vine to bottle, so winemaking methods are traditional and in full respect of the grape’s typical characteristics.
Expressive aromas of red fruit, black cherry and spice notes are matched with a fresh, lively mouthfeel and delicate acidity on the finish.
- Grape variety: Barbera
- Vineyards: historic vineyards in Neive and Alba
- Exposure: Southwest
- Yield: 50 hL/ha
- Age of vines: 23-28 years old
- Harvest date: 21-23 September 2015
- Fermentation and maceration: 14 days in stainless steel vats
- Malolactic fermentation: completely developed
- Refinement: 14 months in large Botti cask of French oak
- Bottling: May 2017
- Alcohol: 14.7% vol.
- Total acidity: 6.90 g/L
- pH: 3.50
- Total extract: 30.7 g/L