Market Sales Manager - NY
MARKET SALES MANAGER - NY
At Folio, employees with a proven track record of success are considered Stunning Colleagues. We seek to have an organization filled with Stunning Colleagues. We’ve found a Folio Stunning Colleague will possess the following characteristics:
Passionate – displays a true interest in their profession and Folio
Driven – completes tasks, achieves goals, doesn’t give up
Leader – behaves with confidence that inspires others to be better
Curious – routinely questions process or methods to find better ways of doing things; always wants to learn
Optimistic – approaches problems or day to day work in a welcoming and positive manner
Accountable – takes ownership of their duties and responsibilities
Collaborative – enjoys and welcomes opportunities to work with others and listens to ideas from colleagues
Flexible – understands and is able to shift direction or priorities on a regular basis
Creative – thinks outside the box to find new or better ways to do things
Listens – takes time to actively listen to and understand the true needs of a customer before beginning work
Strives for Mutual Success – gives credit to others, demonstrates desire for others to succeed as much as or more than self
Under the direction of a Regional Sales Director, this position is responsible to represent, and increase the sales of all Folio brands in New York within the philosophies and style of the company. Responsible for day-to-day contact with key on and off premise accounts and retailers, working in partnership with the distributor sales force, communicating needs and expectations in areas of allocations, depletions, marketing programs and product placement. Keep Regional Sales Director informed of critical information and trends in the market place. Attend fund-raisers, charity events and special promotions, always acting as an ambassador in the style and image set by the Michael Mondavi family.
Execution of Sales Objectives (45%)
• Communicate information and education on FFWP programs, strategies and brand standard to distributor sales teams in order to achieve plan targets.
• Establish sales presence in the market by conducting regular work withs; set expectations with distributor and lead in the development of FFWP wines in the market.
• Assist middle distributor management to develop and cultivate story-telling ability, management of managers.
• Use internal and external resources to capitalize on market opportunity. Utilize Trade Pulse to understand brand health and needs; develop action plans for business opportunities.
• Conduct post-promotional analysis.
• Provide feedback on market issues, opportunities, changes, gaps, challenges and competitive activity.
• Assist to manage allocations, participate in the planning and execution of new product launches.
• Participate in general sales team meetings.
• Ensure requires reports are turned in timely and as necessary.
In Market Training & Key Account Relationships (25%)
• Develop, cultivate and maintain strong relationships with key buyers, leverage relationships to explore new business opportunities.
• Conduct assessments of distributor sales capabilities, manage the on-going efforts of sales team and specialists, effectiveness of presentations.
• Possess ample knowledge of products, wine industry, competitive landscape, customer issues and needs.
• Work with, coach and educate trade on FFWP brand priorties and standards.
• Attend meetings at retail to train and inform buyers, conduct product education sessions with key trade.
Fiduciary and Budget Management (20%)
• Adhere to all budgets assigned including T&E.
• Submit T&E reports in a timely manner.
Supplier Management (5%)
• Maintain relationship with all FFWP suppliers that allows for transparent and collaborative discussion of any business issue.
• Ensure market tours are productive and effective use of supplier’s time, coordinate activities with distributor confirming dates and objectives are provided in a timely manner.
• Provide a market overview handout for the supplier as a means to educate about the market and types of accounts; ensure proper inventory, programming, incentives are in place to support.
• Ensure required reports are turned in timely and accurately.
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications and maintaining professional networks.
Education/Experience: College degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or other related discipline. Minimum of two years experience selling wines through multi-tiered distribution channels, including experience selling both domestic and import wines.
Skills: Must be an effective communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent public speaking and presentation skills, comfortable in front of large and smallaudiences. Must posses strong listening skills, and outstanding sales skills (follow-up, closing, overcoming objections). Good PC skills (Windows: Word/Excel). Must be a self starter, be able to juggle multiple situations, and able to work independently. Ability to learn and use effectively Folio’s reporting tools, to manage and plan business activities. Experience planning/coordinating events, and outstanding time management skills. Must posses a high level of integrity, be self-confident, have an excellent ability to build relationships. Understanding of the importance of providing outstanding customer service. Creative with a winning attitude, and the selling abilities of telling a story and influencing.
Knowledge: Passion for and extensive knowledge of California and Import wines. Italian language skills a plus.
Physical: Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and travel (includes overnight stays). Must be able to lift and carry 41+ pounds.
Other: (Includes licenses, certificates, age etc..) Must possess a valid Driver’s license in the state employed and must meet the Company’s automobile insurance requirements.
The above information is representative of the work performed in this position, however it is not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility does not exclude it from the position if the work is similar or related to the essential duties and responsibilities.
*Curiosity *Integrity *Accountability *Mutual Success *Community Support