Sales & Hospitality Manager
At Michael Mondavi Family Estate, employees with a proven track record of success are considered Stunning Colleagues. We seek to have an organization filled with Stunning Colleagues. We’ve found a Folio Stunning Colleague will possess the following characteristics:
- Passionate – displays a true interest in their profession and our Company
- Driven – completes tasks, achieves goals, doesn’t give up
- Leader – behaves with confidence that inspires others to be better
- Curious – routinely questions process or methods to find better ways of doing things; always wants to learn
- Optimistic – approaches problems or day to day work in a welcoming and positive manner
- Accountable – takes ownership of their duties and responsibilities
- Collaborative – enjoys and welcomes opportunities to work with others and listens to ideas from colleagues
- Flexible – understands and is able to shift direction or priorities on a regular basis
- Creative – thinks outside the box to find new or better ways to do things
- Listens – takes time to actively listen to and understand the true needs of a customer before beginning work
- Strives for Mutual Success – gives credit to others, demonstrates desire for others to succeed as much as or more than self
Reporting to the Consumer Direct Marketing Manager (CDMM), this position is responsible for the daily operations of the Michael Mondavi Family Estate tasting room. This person is responsible for staff management, overall business unit operation, development, expansion and profitability, event development and execution, as well as establishing, demonstrating, and upholding exceptional customer service levels. The person in this position will also be responsible for ensuring all established sales goals are attained, and the continuous increase of qualified guest traffic.
• Manage tasting room staff, provide coaching and direct staff on daily basis by being a working manager on the sales floor. This includes filling regular shifts on the tasting room floor and performing duties such as greeting guests, providing tastings and tours, educating visitors, membership conversion and selling wine.
• Establish standards to ensure the tasting room is ready and open for operation on time each day (i.e. Wine, Merchandise, Physical Appearance, etc.).
• Ensures the staff is properly trained and updated on direct shipping laws and requirements.
• Serve as a role model for exceptional customer service.
• Plan and conduct regular staff meetings/trainings.
Event Planning, New Program Development & Visitor Requests (25%)
• With the CDMM, develop and evaluate new programs and events to drive guest traffic to the Estate.
• Ensure proper licensing is in place for scheduled events.
• Oversee or manage the visitor request process and VIP or family requests inclusive of VIP tours and tastings
• Help lead the development and execution of an annual event calendar along with the CDMM and Membership Coordinator.
• Create and implement programs to increase traffic to the Estate.
• Partner with the CDMM and Membership Coordinator to ensure staff is educated on and offers membership to all guests, supporting Membership team with set goals.
• Ensure compliance with all State laws and health codes.
• Participate in outreach programs/procedures.
• Manages the tasting room monies, reconciling previous day’s sales, preparing money for deposit and ensuring proper change is available. Also responsible for training and ensuring staff complies with all Retail Process Procedures.
• Establish sales goals, collaborate with CDMM on budgets and forecasting, and assume overall financial responsibility. Review monthly financial performance.
• Analyze sales trends making changes to ensure sales goals are achieved and/or exceeded. Prepare Monthly Metrics report and advise of any actions taken as a result.
Administrative Duties (5%)
• Administrative tasks such as coding of invoices, communicating with vendors, placing merchandise orders, etc.
• Provide backup support for website and social media efforts as requested.
• Represent Michael Mondavi Family Estate at offsite events and/or pourings.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Hospitality, 2 - 5 years experience in a wine/restaurant/retail environment, plus 1 – 3 years experience in a supervisory or management role. Proven experience and abilities in working within and motivating teams, with the ability to stimulate people to go beyond their normal expertise. Strong knowledge of wine, domestic and imports, and the wine industry. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Strong computer and analytical skills. Outstanding customer service skills. Ability to deal appropriately with guests safely and appropriately in awkward or unsafe situations. Ability to stand for extended periods of time. Ability to lift and carry 41 pounds. Must be 21 years of age. Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays.
The above information is representative of the work performed in this position, however it is not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility does not exclude it from the position if the work is similar or related to the essential duties and responsibilities.