Sales & Hospitality Associate
SALES & HOSPITALITY ASSOCIATE POSITION DESCRIPTION
At the Michael Mondavi Family Estate (MMFE), employees with a proven track record of success are considered Stunning Colleagues. We seek to have an organization filled with Stunning Colleagues. We’ve found a MMFE Stunning Colleague will possess the following characteristics:
- Passionate – displays a true interest in their profession and MMFE
- Driven – completes tasks, achieves goals, doesn’t give up
- Leader – behaves with confidence that inspires others to be better
- Curious – routinely questions process or methods to find better ways of doing things; always wants to learn
- Optimistic – approaches problems or day to day work in a welcoming and positive manner
- Accountable – takes ownership of their duties and responsibilities Collaborative – enjoys and welcomes opportunities to work with others and listens to ideas from colleagues
- Flexible – understands and is able to shift direction or priorities on a regular basis
- Creative – thinks outside the box to find new or better ways to do things
- Listens – takes time to actively listen to and understand the true needs of a customer before beginning work
- Strives for Mutual Success – gives credit to others, demonstrates desire for others to succeed as much as or more than self
The person in this role will be responsible for providing all guests to the Tasting Room with an exceptional experience, selling wine and wine clubs.
Customer Service & Sales (70%)
• Present and make wine club sales to guests.
• Representing Family/Brands to the public by pouring wine samples and educating guests about relevant company and wine information.
• Sell and up-sell wine to guests.
• Provide support for general office administration; answer phones to provide customer service, host special guests as requested.
Daily Functions/Inventory (10%)
• Opening Duties: Bathrooms (empty garbage, restock soap, towels, toilet paper, lotion), POS, stock wine, bags, crackers, 29 products, break down boxes, clean back offices/kitchen, glasses (clean/polish), clean bar/windows, set-up water/olive oil, clean outside patio/front porch, sweep inside/outside, stock collateral/food/gift items, Forklift delivered wine, water plants, reprint tasting flight menus/shipping forms, etc.
• Close Duties: Some opening duties will be continued/duplicated on closing duties, POS shut down (Z reports, pour lists, credit card detail, etc.), replace all garbage bags/take garbage out to dumpster.
• Maintain strong wine knowledge for MMFE wines.
• Communicate with entire team/updates on current events/changes.
• Checking email regularly.
• Stay updated on current company events/changes, industry trends.
• Completing shipping orders through back office.
• Completing shipping orders with UPS/Eagle Rock, if necessary.
1 - 2 years experience in a high-end wine/restaurant/retail environment, sales experience a must. Proven experience and abilities in working within teams. Strong knowledge and a passion for wine, food and the wine industry. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Computer skills. Outstanding customer service skills. Ability to deal appropriately with guests safely and appropriately in awkward or unsafe situations. Ability to stand for extended periods of time. Ability to lift and carry 41 pounds. Must be 21 years of age. Must have the ability to work weekends and holidays.
The above information is representative of the work performed in this position, however it is not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility does not exclude it from the position if the work is similar or related to the essential duties and responsibilities.